We appreciate what our volunteers do every single day, and take the opportunity to say an extra special thank you during Volunteer’s Week (1-7 June) each year. As volunteering looks a bit different at the moment, we feel it is more important than ever that our volunteers know just how valued they are.
We know from feedback given by volunteers, that they consider Shared Interest to be ‘something they value and feel proud to be part of. Together, we have been able to engage and inspire people here in to the UK, to get involved in Shared Interest, and ultimately help more producers around the world.
Everything volunteers have done, are currently able to do, and will do in the future, makes a big difference! Here is a little insight into just how much our volunteers have achieved this year:
- Supported our lending team with vital research, which helped us identify more organisations in need of finance
- Translated nearly 18,000 words for our website, project reports and surveys into French and Spanish, which is crucial in making our materials accessible for our customers
- Represented Shared Interest by giving a number of talks to groups including U3A, Associated Country Women of the World (ACWW) and local Fairtrade Towns, and running 23 stalls across the country
- Helped identify new events for Shared Interest to attend when it is safe to do so, such as Bristol’s Global Aware Conference
- Processed information from Shared Interest Foundation’s Donor Survey, which gives us a valued understanding of our charitable givers