Grants and Trusts Fundraiser
Are you a seasoned fundraising professional with a passion for making a meaningful impact? We are on the lookout for an experienced and well-networked individual to join our team and drive our growth by identifying and securing significant grants from a diverse array of trusts, foundations, and grant-making bodies.
Shared Interest Foundation is a dynamic and mission-driven charity dedicated to the development of sustainable enterprises, empowering women and youth, and building climate resilience in remote communities within Africa and Latin America. As we continue to expand our reach and enhance our impact, we are seeking a skilled fundraising professional to help us achieve our goals.
If you possess the skills, experience, and dedication we are looking for, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A detailed job description can be found here: Grants and Trusts Fundraiser.doc.
Lending Team Officer
We are pleased to be working with Nigel Wright to recruit a Lending Team Officer to join our team in Newcastle. This is an exciting opportunity to use your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people across the world.
- Supports the daily transactional and payment processes.
- Supports data collection processes and appropriate reporting.
- Carries out due diligence and regular reviews.
- Ensures accurate record keeping of lending documentation including updating relevant processes and procedures.
- Supports and contributes to the continuous improvement of systems and documentation. .
- At least 4 years’ experience of office administration and CRM databases.
- Detail conscious.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing with strong written English.
- Able to demonstrate experience of meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience of working with, and building relationships with others who are based remotely - good at building & managing relationships via telephone, video calls and email.
If you are interested, please contact Nigel Wright.
Volunteer Translator (French)
Please note this is an unpaid voluntary position.
Our team of Translators support us by translating, transcribing or interpreting a variety of public and customer facing communications. This may involve translating web content, case studies, short films, quotes and surveys as well as various ad hoc reports. The majority of our customers are based in Africa and Latin America and therefore it is important we have resources available in both French and Spanish (Latin American).
About the role
The role will involve translating content from English into French, and occasionally from French to English, on an ad hoc basis and will require you to use your own computer or laptop.
Although this role is home based, volunteers will be supported remotely by a dedicated member of staff, and email, phone and / or online video communication will be required.
You will have the opportunity to utilise or develop your translation skills through supporting us in developing our communications and you will get the chance to understand how our organisation engages with our customers.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are a native French speaker
- Have strong written and spoken English
- Can demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Are self-motivated to carry out tasks independently
- Have empathy with the mission and values of Shared Interest
We will support you with the following:
- Orientation and Induction training
- Ongoing support with a staff contact
- Basic reference (if requested)
Volunteers will be selected based on their ability to meet the above criteria. This role involves an initial translation task for all applicants.
To apply email email@example.com (applications must be in English)
WHY WORK FOR SHARED INTEREST?
We believe that people are our most valuable asset. We are focussed on staff development; it is important to us to nurture expertise, talent and passion within the staff team.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
We are looking for people who share our commitment to fair and just trade; people who can help us to achieve our vision and mission.
WORK LIFE BALANCE
The work life balance of staff is of upmost importance to us. We operate a hybrid policy which aims to provide employees the flexibility to effectively manage their work and personal commitments. We also offer benefits packages such as a Life Assurance scheme and an attractive 9% pension contribution, which is applied regardless of staff contributions.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
We believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to the development of policies and procedures to promote equal opportunities in employment, personnel practices and any services for which we are responsible.